Our Bakersfield dental office has always utilized personal protective (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of just some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area if patient cannot wait in vehicle our outside the office
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
- Require hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an viricidal oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature and lung efficiency of every patient and team member upon entering the office
- Payment arrangements through secure WePay in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Complete air filtration every 3 1/2 minutes of viruses and other toxic particles with the medical-grade JADE Air Purifiers throughout the office and in all treatment rooms.
- Enhanced disinfection within 60 seconds utilizing UV-C light technology.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields, gowns, and surgical masks for doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced daily disinfection procedures with fogging devices to access hard to reach places and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. Tom Frank and Team